Monday, April 20, 2015

Cat house

I tried to speakout on all these cats on Matthews Street. I am allergic to cats. I just went around the side of my house and there were four on my front porch. They get in our trash because they don't have anything to eat. I've called the Humane Society and they won't do nothing. Can we get some help from somebody please?

Highway to the danger zone

Thank you for the opportunity to speakout. I read in the paper where the presiding commissioner in Mississippi County said they couldn't fix the roads because of the wet weather. This must have happened in the city of East Prairie because they've had a hole in the street down by the old Eagle office, across from Webb Service Agency, which doesn't exist anymore, that hole has been in the street for 6-8 months. It's supposed to have a flag in it to keep you from running your vehicle into the hole, but most of the time that thing is missing. I can't understand why the city can't get someone over there to repair the street. Also down the street from there, there's a hole in the blacktop that's been there all winter. The construction on Main Street in East Prairie is terrible. It looks good. They said don't worry about it, that 80 percent of it is paid for by the state or the federal government. But I just wonder where the other 20 percent is gonna come from. As a taxpayer, most of us don't want to pay for a monstrosity like has happened to Main Street. We have a business on Main Street, a pharmacy, that has one parking spot in front of it. The rest of the stuff down there, the stores are halfway closed and they have ample parking. If you want to write out a check to this pharmacy, you have to park over in the city parking lot in case that one parking spot is full. You have to walk across the street, if you can get across the street, because it's so narrow two cars can barely pass. That is the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to East Prairie. I have been here for over 70 years, and I've never seen anything so ridiculous as this. The people that thought it up must've had their heads stuck down in the ground in a hole.