Newly reconstructed Flying J Travel Center in Matthews reopens
MATTHEWS, Mo. — The newly reconstructed Flying J Travel Center in Matthews reopened on Monday.
Conveniently located off Interstate 55 and Highway 80, the newly rebuilt travel center offers area residents and professional truck drivers traveling through Matthews and across state lines the ideal spot to fuel or grab made-in-house fresh food offerings, premium coffee and everyday products for quick shopping needs.
The facility can be found at 703 State Highway 80 and is one of Pilot Flying J’s 22 facilities in the state of Missouri. The reopening of this location brings approximately 30 jobs for area residents and an expected $2.9 million annually in state and local tax revenues back to the community.
The Flying J Travel Center will not only boost the local economy, but will also provide full amenities, including:
• 12 gasoline fueling positions, 3 RV lanes and 12 diesel lanes with high-speed pumps for quicker refueling
• PJ Fresh pizza and grab-and-go food offerings prepared on site daily, including salads, sandwiches, burgers, fruit cups and an array of hot and cold snacks
• Pilot’s Best Gourmet Coffees, including bean-to-cup selections and cold brew
• Driver’s lounge
• Public Laundry
• Western Union
• CAT Scale
• Upgraded amenities and layout
• Modern interior finishes and exterior lighting
• Everyday products for quick shopping needs