Scott County Relay for Life set for SaturdaySIKESTON — After a couple years with tepid interest, organizers are hoping for a big turnout at Saturday’s Scott County Relay for Life event held at the Sikeston Sports Complex. The event will begin...
Grass fire reveals bizarre turtle poaching case in the BootheelConservation agent seeks more info on dumping of 163 turtles in Hayti
Sikeston man facing charges for stabbing juvenile MondaySIKESTON — A Sikeston man faces felony charges after allegedly stabbing and injuring a juvenile late Monday. Joseph Brewing Cannon, 38, is charged with felony first degree assault, armed criminal...
Two in custody in Scott County shootingBENTON, Mo. — Two Sikeston men are now in custody for their alleged involvement in a shooting early Monday in Scott County. Two persons of interest, Dylan Nobles and Ronald Langley, both of rural...
- Feed My Starving Children (4/23/18)
- 33rd annual 'Klassic' (4/23/18)
- "It's Simply Golden" (4/23/18)
- Local woman part of 20/20 special report (4/20/18)
- Southeast mass media students' talent airs on ABC's 20/20 (4/20/18)
- Malden man gets 30 years for 2015 shooting death (4/20/18)
- Bootheel farmer honored for agriculture advocacy by Missouri Corn Growers Association (4/20/18)
- Just for kicks (4/20/18)
- Open to the public (4/19/18)
- Hands-on training (4/19/18)
Latest State & Nation News
- Former NMCC boys basketball head coach Lennies McFerren to replace Travis DayNEW MADRID, Mo. — Former Charleston and New Madrid County Central head coach Lennies McFerren is set to take-over the Eagles boys basketball program once again next season. One of the most exceptional basketball minds in the state, McFerren has won nine state championships during his head coaching tenure. He won two of his state championships at NMCC in 2000 and 2001...
- Sixth sweep of the season sees Southeast Missouri State softball take out Saint Louis
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Fast start propels Bearcats past Cooter
- SOFTBALL: Kennett wins BHC tournament, Holcomb and Southland reach Tri-County finals (4/25/18)
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Advance softball pulls off comeback win over Meadow Heights (4/25/18)
- Big fourth inning, excellent pitching send Chaffee baseball past Saxony Lutheran (4/25/18)
Greitens may find himself in same position as Clinton (4/25/18)It should come as no surprise that the Republican national leadership has decided to focus on Hillary Clinton as the face of the Democratic party in the run-up to the all-important midterm elections....
Plan now for children’s summer opportunities (4/21/18)As silly as it sounds — given the current cool weather — summer is indeed right around the corner. School will soon end and youngsters of all ages will have a carefree time with no tests, homework,...
Happy new-birthday! (4/19/18)My kids always look forward to their birthday every year, I’m sure your kids are or were the same way. Mine don’t all quite yet understand months and years, so we go through the order of who’s...
Joe Biden drives a deeper wedge into divided nation (4/18/18)We talk often about the polarization in this country, but increasingly, it’s not polarization, it’s downright hatred. It’s beyond dispute that we have reached a cultural and political crossroad...
Governor fighting a losing battle (4/14/18)Regardless of the legal outcome, Eric Greitens is political toast. His reputation is forever stained and even though he could weather the legal storm, his political future as Governor of Missouri is...
HUD transformation led by Carson on right track (4/11/18)Let’s talk about the Department of Housing and Urban Development. With the national headlines focused elsewhere, new HUD administrator Dr. Ben Carson is quietly transforming the massive bureaucracy...
Barbara Eagle (4/25/18)PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Barbara Kay Tribble Eagle, 63, died April 22, 2018, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Born March 12, 1955, in Portageville, she was the daughter of the late Marie (Black)...
Mary Stroud (4/25/18)GLENDALE, Ariz. — Mary Helen Stroud, 91, died March 17, 2018. She is survived by two sons, Robert and Joseph; and two daughters, Rebecca and Elizabeth. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m....
Patsy Twitty (4/25/18)NEW MADRID, Mo. — Patsy Twitty, 79, died April 22, 2018, at New Madrid Living Center in New Madrid. Born April 11, 1939, in Portageville, daughter of the late Raymond "Charlie" and Elvetia (Morgan)...
Roy Ivie (4/24/18)EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. — Roy Franklin Ivie, 82, died April 24, 2018, at the Charleston Manor. Arrangements are incomplete at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston.
Melodie McElhaney (4/24/18)EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. — Melodie Sue McElhaney, 60, died April 23, 2018 at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston. Born April 8, 1958, in Woodriver, Ill., daughter of Willie Jo and Shirley Meredith Davidson of East Prairie, she had been employed by East Prairie Public Schools as both a cook and elementary crossing guard for over 20 years...
Barbara Haley (4/24/18)CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. — Barbara Haley, 63, died April 24, 2018, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau. Born Nov. 11, 1954, in Goshen, Ind., she was the daughter of the late William Daniel and Helen Collins Oakes. On Sept. 30, 1971, in Benton, she married Harold “Ray” Haley, who survives of the home...