Two face charges for robbing a Marston manNEW MADRID, Mo. — A New Madrid County man and woman are currently being held without bond in connection with a robbery of a Marston man. David Paul Wood of Kewanee is charged with first degree...
Former Sikeston man who has ALS publishes book about his battleWhen former Sikeston resident Jeff Lester was diagnosed with ALS, he was 27 and given three years to live. Now, 26 years later, Lester has published a book about his battle with the disease. Lester...
Safety urged during this fall harvest seasonSIKESTON — Motorists are reminded to share the road with farmers and their equipment as the harvest season is in full swing in Southeast Missouri. “Farming plays a vital role in Missouri’s economy,...
New extension office opens in New MadridNEW MADRID, Mo. — Although there has been a University of Missouri Extension office in New Madrid County for several years that office now has a new home. It is now located at 330 US Highway 61, next...
- Southeast earns recognition in best college rankings (9/19/19)
- Growth continues for Scott County Youth Football League (9/17/19)
- 'Nothing located' is result of cold case search Monday in Scott County (9/17/19)
- Mobile pantry open Friday in Miner (9/17/19)
- Sikeston DPS officer resigns following social media posts (9/13/19)
- Suicide Remembrance and Prevention Walk will be held Thursday (9/13/19)
- Infant Mortality Month workshop (9/13/19)
- Impeachment of Miner police chief upheld by judge (9/13/19)
- Richland receives award in Makerspace competition (9/13/19)
- 92nd Stoddard County Fair will begin Tuesday with some new additions (9/13/19)
Latest State & Nation News
- Urhahn paces Kelly football in 35-14 win over MaldenBENTON, Mo. — Evan Urhahn has been a problem for opposing defenses all season. Malden added its name to the list on Friday night, after the junior rushed for 92 yards on 23 carries, in the Hawks 38-14 win over the Green Wave, at Lambert Field at Thomas W. Kelly High School, in Benton, Mo. Running wasn’t just his forte on Friday, though, as he added a 24-yard catch and returned a punt to the end zone, in the first quarter, from 55 yards out that ignited the Hawks’ fan base and sideline...
- Coming home: Cape native returns to hometown and reconnects with his past
- SEMO Football Notes: Loss of Redhawk defender Al Young is 'crushing' (9/22/19)
- SEMO runner Geno Hess is proving to be better late than never (9/22/19)
- MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Jackson runs to invite titles (9/22/19)
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Dexter's Nea wins second straight race, takes Cape Central title; teammate Dorton places ninth in boys division (9/21/19)
David Jenkins: Month aims to raise suicide awareness and prevention (9/14/19)There is nothing worse than being told that a friend or relative has committed suicide. I have experienced this more than once and it leaves you feeling hollow with many different questions. Most...
David Jenkins: Grocery pickup is a life-changing moment (9/7/19)There have been a few life-changing moments I have encountered in my lifetime. The first time I worked on a computer, the first time I watched golf on a high-definition television and the first time...
David Jenkins: Violence is growing problem in St. Louis (8/31/19)When fans filed into Sikeston Public Schools Stadium last Friday night, they were expecting to see four high school football teams compete in a jamboree in preparation for the upcoming season. I’m...
Cecil Minner (9/20/19)SIKESTON — Cecil Thomas Minner, age 85, passed away Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 at Southeast Hospital in Cape. He was born Oct. 30, 1933, in Blodgett, to the late Cecil T. and Flora Bell Minner. On Jan....
Myrtle Carrington (9/20/19)SIKESTON — Myrtle Carrington, 94, died Sept. 20, 2019, at the Bertrand Nursing Center in Bertrand. Born May 16, 1925, in Wayne County, Tenn., she was the daughter of the late Edward and Sara Frost...
Opal Colbert (9/19/19)MALDEN, Mo. — Opal Colbert, 93, died Sept. 18, 2019, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau. Born April 1, 1926, in Quoita, Okla., daughter of the late Charles Samuel Jolly and Mary Elizabeth Sears...
Matthew Chisholm (9/19/19)EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. — Matthew Wilson Chisholm, 44, formerly of Cairo, Ill., died Sept. 16, 2019 at his home. Born July 14, 1975, in Darlington, S.C., son of the late James Carol Chisholm and Ernie Lee Starling of Society Hill, S.C., he worked in construction and had served in the United States Marine Corps...
Donnie Jennings (9/19/19)PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — Donnie Ray Jennings, 51, died Sept. 13, 2019, at Pemiscot Memorial Health Systems in Hayti. Born Oct. 13, 1967, in Hayti, son of the late Ollie J. Fisher Jennings and Jimmy Jennings, he was a member of the Church of God in Christ Church and attended School in the Portageville School System. He worked several jobs in the Portageville area including the Federal Compress and The Cotton Gin. ...
Junior Davis (9/18/19)SIKESTON — Junior Lee Davis, 77, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019. Born Sept. 1, 1942, to the late Theodore and Edith Davis in Dunklin County, he was a member of Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church in Sikeston. His wife, Jan Davis, who survives of the home...
- Tractor Auction
- Outside DIRECTOR
- PAUL'S RECYCLING
- Customer Service
- EAST PRAIRIE CARRIER
- Pat's Variety
- P-T DEPUTY COLLECTOR
- CONCRETE WORK
- MOVE IN BONUS
- Local CDL Driver
- NEWSPAPER CARRIER
- Two Bdrm. House
- LPN or RN
- Warehouse - Delivery
- FISCAL OFFICER
- DRIVER & FORKLIFT OPERATOR
- MAINTENANCE WORKER
- Ferrell Excavating
- Welder & Painter
- Teaching Postion
- Grain Storage
- New Dawn School